** ENTER TO WIN A FREE COPY OF MY BOOK - DETAILS IN POST **

ContactMe

Search Blog

translate



On my last hunting trip while navigating to the tree stand, I ended up dripping with sweat in 30° F weather. It occurred to me that I needed to lighten my load so that on future trips I won’t be freezing once I get settled in the stand from the amount of perspiration on my clothing.
An easy way to lose a little weight is to change my hunting knife. I am a lifelong fan of Buck knives, these are well made with good quality materials and they won’t break the bank. That’s when I decided to purchase the Buck PakLite Skinner which looks like the popular Esee Izula knives, but about forty dollars cheaper.



I did my research prior to choosing the Bug Belly Bar, I found many knives wrapped in paracord, but most used the same designs (a weave, Turk’s Head Knots, or the basic “Izula wrap”). I liked many of the designs and I favored a Turk’s Head Knot wrap, but that seemed to be too fancy for my intended use. That’s when I thought of the Bug Belly Bar by TIAT, it has the weave and attitude that I was going for.

I tied the wrap using about six feet of olive drab paracord for the Bug Belly Bar wrap. I wanted to add a little pizzazz to finish off the knife so I added a lanyard. I tied the lanyard using about two feet of acu digital
paracord; I added a Square Knot (a.k.a. Cross Knot, Rustler’s Knot, or the Friendship Knot) for the loop, a Matthew Walker Knot in the middle and finished it off with an Arms-Akimbo Lanyard Knot.


There are many different styles of wraps that you can choose from on the internet, but if you think out-of-the-box just a little bit, you can end up with a better – more customized wrap.


Post a Comment

If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to comment. I can usually reply to comments within a short period of time, in the mean time you might try searching Google and entering your question there, this usually works for me.

Thank you for reading and don't forget to subscribe for updates by clicking the links in the menu in the upper-right corner, or you may Subscribe to Unique Ropecraft by Email.

Note:Your comment will not appear directly after submitting, comments require authorization prior to publishing.

Designs by ViperLabs DevTEAM