** ENTER TO WIN A FREE COPY OF MY BOOK - DETAILS IN POST **

ContactMe

Search Blog

translate


For this post I thought I would show one of the knots that I have been working on recently. JD at TyingItAllTogether created the original version of this knot and published a video on the tying technique. The original design is great, but when I started fiddling with a few strands of cord the other day I thought I would see how it looked in a "wide" form.
I am labeling this knot as a prototype because I don't know how useful folks will find the design since it is wider than most lanyard knot designs. With your feedback I will determine if a tutorial should be made.

Comments

  1. Perhaps not as a lanyard, but it might make a great shoulder strap or a luggage handle.

  2. @Norm, you are correct, it would be very useful as a handle because of the stiffness of the knot.

  3. Great design! It looks beautiful! I think everybody will find this design useful.
    Buy Paracord

  4. Anonymous

    that could come in handy with a lot of different uses. lets have a tutorial.

  5. of course it needs a tutorial, it would make a great belt too, I love the pattern ;-)

  6. @ShirCraftalot: Thanks for the support! Since the original publication date of this post, a tutorial has been created for this design, it's not exactly finished the same way, but you will learn how to tie the "Wide Cobbled Solomon Bar".


Post a Comment

If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to comment. I can usually reply to comments within a short period of time, in the mean time you might try searching Google and entering your question there, this usually works for me.

Thank you for reading and don't forget to subscribe for updates by clicking the links in the menu in the upper-right corner, or you may Subscribe to Unique Ropecraft by Email.

Note:Your comment will not appear directly after submitting, comments require authorization prior to publishing.

Designs by ViperLabs DevTEAM