For some reason in my mind, earth tones go hand-in-hand with winter so I used three colors to tie these designs (black, olive drab and coyote brown).
|Round Crown Sinnet with Herringbone Turk's Head Fob|
- Start by halving the cords so that you will have four strands. Then start tying a Round Crown Sinnet, after you start the sinnet, pull out a loop in one of the colors for the key ring, then continue tying the sinnet for about two to three rounds and then stop.
- Next, I tied a Four Strand Matthew Walker Knot (the video is for a Three Strand Matthew Walker Knot, but the instructions are the same).
- Continue tying the Round Crown Sinnet until you end up in the section of the fob that you want to add the Wall Knot.
- Continue tying the Round Crown Sinnet until you reach the length desired.
- Now gather a couple of feet of paracord in olive drab, black and coyote brown.
- Using either olive drab or black, tie a 5 Lead by 4 Bight Turk's Head Knot that will be the base of your Herringbone Knot.
- Using the coyote brown paracord, tie the Herringbone Knot. The instructions for the knot shows the bights protruding from underneath the black and olive drab strands, I didn't want that so I simply pulled them tighter underneath the other strands to hide the coyote brown bights.
- Cut the ends left over on the Round Crown Sinnet and singe them in place.
- Now place the Herringbone Turk's Head over the bottom part of the Round Crown Sinnet.
- Tighten and dress the Herringbone, then cut and singe the ends and hide them underneath the strands of the Turk's Head for the best looking result.
|Ladder Rack with Star Knot|
SOURCES AND LINKS
- Basic Herringbone Knot
- Ladder Rack Knot
- Matthew Walker Knot (2 Strand)
- Matthew Walker Knot (3 Strand)
- Round Crown Sinnet
- Star Knot
- Trilobite Video by TIAT
- Trilobite (Two Color) Video by TIAT
- Turk's Head Knot (5 Lead by 4 Bight)
- Wall Knot